The Public Testimony of Solomon’s Porch Christian Community Against Abortion And A Call For Its Complete Abolition in The United States Of America
To Whom It May Concern,
The historic Christian Faith, which is built upon the teachings of Jesus Christ and the writings of the holy apostles and prophets contained in the book commonly known as the Bible, teaches that the world is in a fallen state, and that we human beings are now, because of the Fall of Man, inclined in our nature to do evil and not good. The Apostle Paul says that we are “inventors of evil.” (Romans 1:30) We agree with the apostle. One of the most grotesque and evil devices that man has ever invented is the procedure called “abortion.” We find in abortion the most ignoble forms of evil. In abortion we see the laws of nature turned on their head.
- The natural love that a mother should have for her child is turned to malice and violence.
- The unfathomable arrogance of one human being choosing whether another human being should live or die based on their own personal whim.
- The weakest and most fragile among us, children, are dehumanized by using latin phrases like “fetus”, which simply means “child”, in an attempt to deceive our national conscience into not condemning us for the murders being committed daily in our land.
The Scriptures themselves declare that,
- Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27).
- God became man and dwelt among us in Christ (John 1:14)
- Murder is morally wrong (Exodus 20:13)
- Children are blessings from God (Psalm 127:3-5)
- Children occupy a special place in God’s economy (Matthew 18:10)
- Children should be protected from moral evil (Matthew 18:5)
Abortion is therefore an assault on the Triune God, the incarnate Christ, the whole of mankind, the economy of God, children, and the natural order of the created world. Much more could be said, but we will refrain from being overly tedious. Our point is merely to demonstrate that the clear teachings of nature and Scripture demonstrate that children are to be loved, guarded, cared for, and not harmed in any way. Thus we condemn the act of abortion as a heinous public sin that should be prayerfully repented of by the American Church and State.
We, the elders, with our diaconal, and the members of Solomon’s Porch Christian Community call for the complete abolition of abortion in the United States of America, and state publicly that we are committed to serve the unborn and born, as well as the mothers and fathers that choose life to the best of our ability.